Please read the following instructions carefully before downloading your software.
Upgrading the software on your WebAlert is easy! All you need is a 32MB (or higher) USB flash drive.
Determine your upgrade from the Available Upgrades below then follow these Instructions:
- Click on the applicable software upgrade link below. A dialog box will open, asking if you want to save or open the file. Choose “Save As”. In XP and Vista, save it to your desktop (this makes it easy to find). In Windows 7 & 8, the file is saved in your “Downloads” folder.
- Plug in your USB flash drive. The drive window should open. If not, go to “My Computer”, and open it (should be “Removable Media” drive).
- Drag the Software Upgrade over to the USB drive. (Make sure that the Upgrade is the only file on the drive.)
- Unplug the USB flash drive from the computer.
WebAlert Software Revision Level Descriptions
Allows the use of a 3G GPRS modem. Starting in 2015 and continuing through 2017, cellular service providers will be eliminating support for 2G modems. When this happens you will need to upgrade to version 10 and replace your 2G modem with a 3G modem.
Prevents a 32-day online graph from stopping at 21 days. Prevents an empty online graph. Prevents flowmeter type analog input average being reported as the same as the current reading on the System Summary page. Prevents the auto-reporting logging frequency from being set to 0 min:sec. Prevents the controller from trying to re-synchronize the real time clock based on a bad reading, if the battery has failed.
The version 9 upgrade provides a number of new features, including the introduction of communications to the VTouch remote account management website! Click here to learn more about version 9.
Now available for the new core. Version 6 upgrade is a very important upgrade to perform! This provides much more reliable USB connections and increases the robustness of the operating system. This upgrade must be performed from version 5, so if you are at a version below 5, do the upgrade to 5 first and then upgrade to version 6.
Provides a configurable selection of the SMTP port used, allowing use of ISP’s that require ports other than the standard port 25. You may select between Java and Non-Java for viewing graphs. Added multiple time frame choices for flow rate units besides just per minute. Added ability to manually enter a country code in the Controller Phone Number field.
Supplies more flexibility in datalogging! The Manual Datalog and Automatic Datalog are now both available simultaneously and are independent of each other. Depending upon how many parameters are being logged, the frequency of data points can be as high as once every 15 seconds. In addition, the data collection may be triggered by an alarm condition. The Automatic log can be sent via email or manually saved via computer or USB flash drive. The Manual log can be saved via computer or USB drive, but now the next datalogging cycle will automatically reset after the log has been saved. Version 2 also works with a wider variety of USB flash drives.
Determine your upgrade from the Available Upgrades then follow these Instructions:
- Click on the Software link below that applies to your WebAlert. A dialog box will open, asking if you want to save or open the file. Choose “Save As”. In XP and Vista, save it to your desktop (this makes it easy to find). In Windows 7 or 8, the file is saved in your “Downloads” folder.Available Upgrades:
- If your WebAlert is software version s500v001 or s500v003, download the V005 file and this file, then upgrade to s500v006 using the V006 file.
- If your WebAlert is already at s500v005, just use the V006 file.
- Once your WebAlert is up to s500v006, you may upgrade to s500v009 using this file.
2. If your WebAlert is at s500v009 or s500v009s, you may upgrade to s500v010 using this file.
3. Plug in your USB flash drive. The drive window should open. If not, go to “My Computer”, and open it (should be “Removable Media” drive).
4. Drag the software file over to the USB drive. (Make sure that the Upgrade files are the only files on the drive.) Remember to save both files on your USB flash disk if you are upgrading to v005!
5. Unplug the USB flash drive from the computer.
Upload the software to your WebAlert.
- Plug the memory stick into one of the USB Host connections as shown below:
- Connect to the WebAlert via USB or Ethernet and log in using the Master level password.
- Erase the htm_login.htm from the address and after the IP address type “/cmd_lupsw.txt” and click “Go”.
- The software upgrade will begin. When it is complete, after a few minutes, the WebAlert will reboot.
- Reconnect via USB or Ethernet and check the software version number of the System Summary page to verify that the upgrade is complete.
Note: The software upgrade may create a new configuration file. If you have previously saved the configuration file, you should discard the old copy and export a new copy after performing the upgrade. Check all set points after performing an upgrade.