Pyxis Corrosion Sensors
The Pyxis CR300 Series corrosion rate sensors are ideal for cooling and process water treatment monitoring where robustness and affordability are a must. The sensors utilize the linear polarization resistance (LPR) method to produce a raw signal. The raw signal is conditioned, amplified, and digitized directly in the sensor itself. This avoids the interferences and attenuation of the raw signal caused by long-distance wiring needed for other corrosion probes to a separate signal conditioner or transmitter box. The Pyxis corrosion sensors measure sample water conductivity directly and compensate for the conductivity impact on the LPR measurement up to 10,000 μS/cm. These unique product characteristics make the Pyxis LPR superior in performance and accuracy. In addition to the LPR measurement to obtain the general corrosion rate, the CR-Series sensors also measure electrochemical noise. The measured noise data is used to calculate an index to quantify the localized corrosion rate also referred to as pitting.
- 4-20 mA signal allows corrosion sensing in W600 and fully loaded W900 controllers
- Ultra-low corrosion rate detection as low as 0.001 mils per year (MPY)
- Default Corrosion Rate Ranges and Alloy Factor Assigned with Metallurgy selection via uPyxis APP
- Cooling & Process Water Monitoring
- Mill Supply, Once Through and Closed Loop Systems
- Domestic Water Monitoring